Dental Emergencies that We Treat
Whenever possible, Dr. Ali and Dr. Kraipak at Plush Dentistry will try to see emergency patients the same or next day. During their many years in practice, our experienced dentists have successfully treated the following dental emergencies in our Frisco, TX, office:
- Loose or knocked out teeth
- Chipped and broken teeth
- Tooth abscesses, oftentimes caused by untreated cavities
- Soft tissue damage and gum bleeding
- Bleeding and dry socket discomfort following a tooth extraction
- Loose crowns, fillings, or bridges
If you’re experiencing one of these painful emergency dental conditions, not getting it promptly treated could allow harmful toxins to spread to your jawbone or body. When you’ve sustained a head injury that presents with concussion-like symptoms or uncontrolled bleeding, our dentists strongly recommend that you visit the closest hospital emergency department to be promptly evaluated.
Oral Care Tips to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Although it’s true that you can’t prevent all dental emergencies, there are several oral care precautions you can take to minimize the chances of an accidental injury to your teeth or gums, including:
- Always wear a custom-protective sports mouthguard when engaging in sports activities, notably contact ones like football, wrestling, lacrosse, hockey and soccer.
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels or hard candies, as they can chip your tooth surface.
- Never use your teeth to tear open or cut objects. That’s what scissors are for!
- If you experience teeth grinding or jaw clenching, especially while sleeping, wear a custom-fitted mouthguard.
Emergency Dental Care for Frisco, TX, Patients
At Plush Dentistry, we’re in the business of ensuring tailor-made smiles with a philosophy that “one-size fits all” dental care approaches aren’t necessarily the best for you or your family. That’s why our dentists and staff are constantly pursuing perfection when it comes to every aspect of our patients’ care, including emergency dentistry. Delivering prompt, reliable emergency dental care using the latest innovations in a spa-like office atmosphere is always our priority at Plush Dentistry in Frisco, TX! If we can assist you today, please call: (469) 850-0786.